Saturday 24 November 2007

gifts for dogs at Christmas
















I've just visited Felicity at Happiness-Studio.com and taken up her offer to use the web-graphic she composed. She has the lovely idea that we should try to take on the “No-Buy Christmas” challenge this year. She intends to make as many presents as she can, for her family and friends.



I'm sure Penny would be happy with a home-made Christmas present. Some ideas that come to mind are:
a cardboard box - an old pizza delivery box would be a hit with her, I'm sure;
a plastic milk container (lid off) with a few pieces of dry food in it;
a small packet of possum poo;
a pot-plant with fresh grass growing in it;
an old tennis ball collected from the park.

The list is endless...

It will be more of a challenge to think of presents for the humans in my life, but it's a worthwhile project. I've had some lovely reactions in the past when I've given those gifts that come in charity catalogues - for instance, I gave one colleague a card explaining that a goat was to be delivered to a needy family in the third world, and she was thrilled.

Now that I think of it, that could be the way to go with Penny's present. She loves chewing on cards.

On the other hand, if you want to go with the purchased presents, Dolittler, veterinary blog for pet lovers, vet voyeurs and the medically curious, has a list of fascinating ideas for pet gifts.

No comments: