Monday 25 February 2008

washing a dog's dirty feet

We started out three years ago resolved to get Penny used to the idea that she would get her feet washed every time she re-entered the house. How optimistic...

Well, maybe we should give it a go again. I've seen a novel device on Spluch. It's a a jug that washes dog's paws. It reminds me of a gadget with vertical and horizontal brushes that I've got outside my back door for cleaning my shoes before I go inside.

There's a cute video designed to convince you that it's just what you need. But I reckon the white dog needs a nose-plunger as well - he's certainly been having fun getting muddy enough to show the paw-plunger in action.

6 comments:

Slavenka said...

I'm cleaning my dogs feet every time we come home from walk.
I use one old bathrum for that job.
That jug looks to me very usefull for outdoor.

parlance said...

I guess it would be useful before the dog got into the car, Slavenka. By the way, thanks for all the information and jokes on your blog. I am enjoying them.

Amber-Mae said...

My mommy used to wash our feet before we were allowed to step back in the house but she says it's too much work becoz there's three of us to clean & we're not that cooperative about it. So, we step into the house eventhough they're dirty or stinking...Heehee!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

parlance said...

It's the same here, Amber-Mae. We just put up with the dirt that comes in on Penny and sweep the floor a little more often. It's easier that way.

Anonymous said...

I don't think a paw wash would do the trick for us, my dog doesn't just have dirty paws, she likes to roll in the dust after a swim and often looks like the dog in the Harry books, a white dog with black spots or a black dog with white spots. In other words, she is filthy. Lots of dust by the time we get home, not just on her paws.

parlance said...

Hi, anonymous! I loved that book about Harry. And I loved 'Harry By the Sea', too.