Monday 1 August 2011

a new toy to make Penny think

I bought a new toy recently, despite my decision to stop buying unnecessary 'stuff' for Penny. (But I can forgive myself for this broken resolution, because someone has to spend money and keep the economy ticking over.)

It's called 'dogit' Mind Games and on the manufacturer's site there's the cutest video clip of a puppy playing with it. I think it would be great for a puppy, but I must admit Penny solved it in seconds.

However, I think it's a well-designed toy. It's made of sturdy plastic and sticks to the floor with suction cups, so that it avoids the problem of the Nina Ottosson toys of the whole thing moving around the floor as the dog investigates. (But I LOVE the Nina Ottosson toys in general and find them more challenging than this one.)

This game involves three different types of activity and here we are trying the first one, in which she simply has to pick up the green pieces to find the food under them:



Penny liked finding the treats, but it was fairly straightforward. So we tried the next activity:



And then I set the toy up for the next type of game:



And Penny tried it.



Overall, I'd say it's a good game.

3 comments:

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

The toy looks like so much fun! Maybe I can give a hint to my mommy to get me that present! Thanks for sharing the videos.

Molly the Airedale said...

That looked like fun and you are one smart girl, Penny!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

parlance said...

Lassiter Chase and Maggie and Mitch, it was fun, but quite simple for Penny. However, I'm sure if I got it out again, Penny would be interested.