Sunday 11 March 2012

a strange bird shape on the hill

Penny and I had a lovely walk today, and it seemed she wasn't limping. Hooray! We went to a favorite place, Yarra Bend park. As I glanced across the Merri Creek to the parklands on the opposite bank, I was struck by the outline of a huge bird on the hillside. I knew it was there, but I've never seen it so beautifully outlined with the shadows cast by the setting sun.



Seeing Penny seemed to be coping well with a longer walk, we headed off to have a close look at it. When we got there, it no longer looked like a bird. It just seemed to be a little pebbled path in the hillside.



I wonder who made the bird, and why. It's obviously maintained well, because the grass hasn't been allowed to invade the gravel lines. A thing of beauty and mystery.

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What a gorgeous spot for a walk, Penny!

Love ya lots,
Mitch

proud womon said...

intriguing... natural phenomenon or sacred site perhaps?

what a lovely area for a walk with the beautiful penny...

parlance said...

proud womon, it was made by humans, I feel sure, but I can't find any information about it, so far.

parlance said...

Mitch, we know we are lucky to have a choice of lovely places to walk.

Slavenka said...

Someone made ​​an effort to make an interesting landscape.

parlance said...

Slavenka, you are right! It would have been quite an effort to make and maintain the bird shape.