Tuesday 5 August 2014

Penny and the bokashi compost

Winter, and time to enrich the soil in our garden...

I usually dig the bokashi compost into the front garden, where Penny does not go, but a couple of times I've put it in the ground out the back. I usually place heavy pavers over it, so Penny can't dig for the delicious rotted stuff, and sometimes I fence it off.

Penny thinks it tastes nice. But hopefully she's older and less energetic these days and won't try to push her way through the flimsy barrier.



I don't bury the bokashi deep, because I'm too lazy to dig down, and I'd prefer to let the worms and other 'garden helpers' carry the goodness into the earth without destroying the soil structure.


Here's hoping!

4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Better behave yourself, Penny - your mom is watching! Our mom adores your garden statue! It's so pretty!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

parlance said...

I love that statue too!

Molly the Airedale said...

The butterfly is a swallowtail ☺

parlance said...

Mitch and Molly, tell your mum I'm coming over for another look at that beautiful swallowtail.