Saturday 9 April 2022

helping in the garden

 Autumn is  my favorite time in the garden, and I think Peppa is also enjoying her first autumn in this world. Here she is helping us install the new wormery tower under one of the apple trees. 


 

Some household members seem to think the new wormery is too colorful, but I love it. Here's hoping the worms enjoy coming and going through the holes under the soil. I was thinking of using it to process pet poo, but after a little research I decided to go with my reservations, as it's in an area where we grow food. I still think the only thing we can do with Peppa's poo at this stage is put it in bags and drop it in the rubbish bin.

One site I looked at suggested putting it in the household toilet and flushing it like human waste. I'm not sure about that either. On the other hand, it would save on plastic bags going to landfill.

3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

I love the colorful wormery! We use the plastic bags. Using the toilet would mean carrying it into our house and walking across the carpeting. That sounds like an accident waiting to happen☺

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Peppa has a wonderful autumn of first coming up, doesn't she.

I never warmed up to the idea of flushing dog waste in the household toilet either. It's silly not to, isn't it, and I've never understood why I feel weird about doing it. Maybe caring it through the house and the possibility of spilling it?

Molly the Airedale said...

The internet says that skunk cabbage is edible but I've never eaten it and don't ever plan to.