Monday 3 August 2015

walking at Heide Art Gallery

We don't often walk at Heide Museum of Modern Art, because Penny has to be on lead, but every now and then we tour around the lovely grounds and take special note of the two wonderful kitchen gardens.

I've been noticing a plant lately that I thought looked like a weed, and finally discovered that it is salsify. It's an edible weed, as I discovered when I did a 'weed walk' recently with Adam Grubb. 









The one in the bottom kitchen garden at Heide sure was huge. Penny and I had a good look at it, wondering whether it might be something interesting to grow at home. Penny loves her vegetables!









I wonder whether it grew as a weed and they left it there, knowing what it is, or whether they deliberately planted it?

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What a pretty flower!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

parlance said...

Mitch and Molly, I've seen even lovelier flowers in your garden!