Monday 10 April 2017

Penny has an ear for music

Why does Penny rush out of the house whenever I play the piano? For most of her life I haven't touched the piano, but I do remember that when she was a puppy I occasionally played a few times - badly, I'll freely admit - and she behaved as if she hated the sound.

It hasn't changed. I've decided it might be good for my ageing brain and my levels of stress if I played  the piano regularly. Last August I started on a few old favourite pieces, but it was disheartening to hear the immediate tick-tack of the doggy door as she left the house, so I stopped.

And once again...



What's it all about? I'm not that bad, surely. At least she doesn't jump up and try to stop me, like this dog does.

At last I've stopped playing and I'm on this computer, so she can have a little sleep, tucked up with one of her favourite balls.



7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

But music an be so soothing, Penny! My mom can't play the piano and she wishes that she could. You are one lucky girl - honest!

curator said...

Goodness, at least she notices. Our tribe doesn't even seem to notice music at all! I am glad Penny is moving about and thinking about things!

parlance said...

Molly, my playing isn't very soothing, but maybe if I practise a bit I can create a calm sound.

parlance said...

curator, thanks for the encouragement about Penny's health. So far so good. She seems to be enjoying life once more.

curator said...

How are you both? The Museum crew is thinking of you and wishing all the best.

parlance said...

curator, we're bubbling along okay. The humans in the extended family are feeling their age and helping the medical industry to make money, but Penny is happy and therefore we must be happy, lol.

Molly the Airedale said...

I sent the manuka honey home with Mackie for George to use. It sounds like Mackie is still struggling with the kennel cough. It's not getting better in a hurry but he's not getting worse. Just now, I got an email from George. His GoldenDoodle, Jett, is barking like a seal :-( So now he has kennel cough. I asked George to please ask the vet if Mackie will now get re-infected and go downhill. Mackie is supposed to be with me and Molly again this weekend. Now Molly will have a greater chance to catch the illness back. She's been lucky so far. UGH!