Saturday 19 July 2008

the arte y pico award for Penny's dog blog


Penny seems to be completely unaware that her blog has received an award - I think she's more interested in those paws of hers. (Maybe we'd better find out why she keeps licking them.)


Anyway, back to the award. We received it from Cooper and Levi and their mother at the Levi and Cooper Chronicles. I've been following Cooper's adventures for quite some time and felt very very sad when he left this life. For a little while before it happened it had become obvious that a big change was in the wind and I felt for his human family. Therefore it was a wonderful surprise to realise that he had contined to blog from dog heaven (the Rainbow Bridge). He's been reporting on the adventures of the new puppy in his household. The great thing is that he often slips in anecdotes about his own time on Earth and thus keeps his memory absolutely fresh in our minds.

Because I love Cooper's blog so much I'm especially pleased to receive the award. It's called the Arte y Pico Award.

As far as I can discover, building on what Levi and Cooper's mum said, it was created by Esey, in Uruguay. I didn't understand the original site because it's in Spanish but there was a section in English that said:
What is the meaning of the expression: And basically, ironically, it translates into a wonderful phrase in Mexico, “lo maximo.” LOL! It will never find its counterpart in English, but if it HAD to, it would be something like, Wow. The Best Art. Over the top
The idea is to pass this award on to a blog that inspires others in some way.

So, I'll choose five from the many blogs that I love to visit.
1. Wayfarer Scientista because her blog shows her love of all the aspects of nature that surround us.

2. A Yankee in Belgrade because it gives me an insight into life in Serbia that goes beyond the newspaper headlines. And because I love the photos.

3. Chasing Squirrels with Rusty partly because Rusty is so incredibly cute-looking, but also because I enjoy reading his adventures.

4. Sparky, Little Dog with big Dreams, once again because he is so cute looking! But I guess I should have a more 'serious' reason - and that's because he makes me smile. I love his latest video clip of drying himself off after a bath.

5. And now, when I get to number five, I'm in trouble, because there are so many others that I love. In fact, it's so hard to decide that I'm not going to reveal which one would have been my fifth...


I'll go on over to those blogs to tell them about the award. Here are the rules for passing on the award:

1) Pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award for creativity, design, and interesting material and also contribute to the blogger community regardless of language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited.

3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given him/her the award itself.

4) Award winners and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of the Arte-y-Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of the award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com/

5) In compliance with said rules, the award winner must show these rules.

14 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Congrats on your award!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Lizzy said...

Oh, Penny!

Congratulations on the award, you totally deserved it, and thank you so much for passing it on to me! I'm so excited about it! I feel so honored! And I'm very glad that you think I'm cute, hee hee.

Sparky

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

You did a wonderful job introducing and presenting this award, proving all over again that you really deserved receiving it.

Thanks for all the kind things you said about the Cooper and Levi Chronicles. You're very kind.

Levi's mom

parlance said...

Anber-Mae, thanks for the congratulations.
You would of course realise that you are the author of one of my all-time favorite blogs. It was so hard to decide who to pass it on to and that's why I didn't choose the fifth in the end, because you and others are so great that I wanted to choose about thirteen sites but I knew I should (sort of) keep to the rules.

parlance said...

Sparky, I'd say it's those cute eyes that I admire, but I have to say that your coat is gorgeous also, and those ears are pretty good too... All in all, what a star!

Pat said...

Hello there again! I am very, very thankful to you for having given me an award. I wanted to pass it on, but I am not so savvy as to how to make a section of my blog temporarily for that! I've been up to my eyeballs with houseguests and for right now can't consecrate "figure it out time." Just wanted to let you know! (Bibi's not happy today; pouring outside.)

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations on your award, Penny!
We have to say that we love Levi and Cooper's blog too! Their mom does a wonderful job with it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Wayfarer Scientista said...

thanks so much parlance! I'm very honored that you would choose my blog. And congratulations to you and Penny - most deserving! I will pass it on.

parlance said...

Bibi, I wanted to let others know about your blog, especially those in the 'doggy' world, seeing yours is different, so that's why I included you in the list.

But I agree with you that it can be quite a lot of work for some of us to actually pass it on. (It took me a long time.) So that's why I think we should include a rule that says it's okay to just accept the award and not pass it on. :-)

parlance said...

Maggie and Mitch, thanks for that. I regularly visit yours, too, and enjoy what you write. It was difficult choosing which five to include in my list, because I enjoy so many blogs - that's why I finally decided not to specify my fifth choice.

parlance said...

Wayfarer, I get a lot out of reading what you write and, as I said to Bibi, above, I wanted to list blogs that are not in the 'doggy' sphere. However, I think it would be a great pity if passing it on became a burden, so don't do it unless you really want to.

Noah the Airedale said...

Hi Parlance & Penny,
The fish heads we buy are salmon. For us we're comfortable giving the dales these to eat as with bones. As long as they're raw they should be fine. Our vet thinks they're a good idea as there are so many benefits. Sometimes there are bone fragments in their poops and that is fine as well. We've read horror stories on the internet but we just trust mother nature to take care of our dales after all dogs have evolved thousands of years eating a raw diet. It's simply what we do and if others choose a different diet for their dogs then thats fine too but we like to give them a variety of raw food including stinky fish heads hee hee. So far all has gone well. Hope this helps.
Congrats on your award btw.

Denise
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

parlance said...

Denise, thanks for the encouragement. I do actually feed Penny a mostly raw diet, so I'll have to brave the 'fish-head' scene.

Anonymous said...

Penny! Congratulations, you deserve it and thank you so much for passing it on to me! I love it!

Thanks for visiting while I was away, I had a great time on vacation!

Barklove,
Rusty