Monday 29 September 2008

dogs in the squirrel patrol

Penny is now a member of Rusty's squirrel patrol. She's been waiting for weeks for her human to show off the lovely certificate that proves she's a member but a little 'technical problem' has held up the works - how to turn the certificate the right way round. And then, today, in a stroke of brilliance, her human noticed a little arrowy thingy that looked as if it might do the trick, and it did!

Hmm... then there was the new technical difficulty of finding where the turned graphic had hidden itself. Let's think... could it be in the folder called 'downloads'? Yep, there it was.



Oh, no! It had turned itself around again!

Okay, never say die - import it into iPhoto, export it out to the desktop and, hey presto! there it is.



But one important thing - Penny will be practising on possums for now, until squirrels arrive in Australia.

9 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

What a wonderful membership and certificate to get. Glad you worked out the tech stuff. It's a great feeling when you finally figure out stuff like that. We don't have squirrels at our new(ish) house---7 years now. But at our old house we feed as many as two dozen squirrels in the winter. I really miss them, Cooper did too.

Thanks for sharing 'the sermon' story on my Planet blog. It made me smile and to remember a funeral sermon that is one of my thoughts now. The minister talked about how caring for our elderly family members teaches us much about yourselves---the depth of our compassion---as it also teaches the next generation how to care for us when we are old.

Levi' mom

Slavenka said...

Hi Parlance and Penny !
We are so happy that you are member squirrel patrol.
Obi,Niki &Slavenka

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like the certificate! Mom has to fiddle around with things on the computer a lot before she can see how to do things. It is a hit and miss sort of thing!

I fighre the squirrels will show up there eventually once we get them all chased out of our yards here! Perhaps they will stow away on planes or boats??

Barklove,
Rusty

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations on your certificate, Penny! How many squirrels would you like us to send you so you can practice catching them?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

parlance said...

Levi's mom, what you said about our older family members is so true.
It also reminds me of what Ghandi said: “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man".

parlance said...

Hi, Obi and Niki. I wonder what annoying garden intruders you need to keep an eye on?

parlance said...

Rusty, Maggie and Mitch, Please, please, please don't send us those pesky squirrels! The possums are enough.

Okay, I'd better come clean - I actually like the possums, even thought a couple of years ago they ate one of my apple trees to death. Ate the bark, buds, flowers, fruit for a couple of years in a row. But my heart went out to them at the time, because the drought was so severe.
And now we're having the driest September on record - very scary.

Mary said...

Hi Parlance and Penny,
I have heard that there were squirrels in Ballarat once upon a time but that they have died out now. I think I also heard that there was a colony (if that's the right word) in Western Australia. Not sure if that one still exists.

parlance said...

Mary, I've never hear that. I'll have to investigate.