Friday 23 December 2011

a Christmas gift for Penny the dog

Just yesterday I was boasting that I had never bought a Christmas present for Penny. 'She's a dog!' I said to a friend on the phone. 'She doesn't even know it's Christmas.'

I will admit I have sometimes bought gifts for other people's dogs. But we all know they are really gifts for the humans, so they can have the joy of sharing them with their beloved companion.

But pride comes before a fall...

I've succumbed. I just bought Penny a gift.

A friend has set up a new business importing Polish tableware to Australia and I've come home with a pottery bowl for Penny.

Here's the story:

Hmmm...what's this in my eating spot? Is it edible?


No, it seems to be something shiny and hard. Not food.


Beats me what it is.


Nope, still no clue. Seems to be shaped like my old food bowls, but no food smell here.


Oh, well. At least this paper looks quite interesting.


Note from parlance - the tableware is gorgeous. When my friend gets her website organised, I'll post a link to it for any Australians who would like to check it out. (I don't ever do advertising, but when a close friend has made the brave move to set up an import company, I just have to give her all the support I can! It's all hand-painted pottery from a small family business in Poland.)

3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your new bowl is just gorgeous, Penny! We bet it makes your food taste better!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

parlance said...

Maggie and Mitch, so far it's just a decoration. I can't bring myself to dirty it with food, lol.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Congratulations on your gift Penny! That bowl is pawsome!