Tuesday 16 October 2012

mud and dogs

When walking with a dog, it's a good idea to wear old clothes and we usually do. But yesterday when we walked at Yarra Bend, Human Number Two was headed to the City, so she wore good clothes. Lucky for me, I wore my usual awful old dog-walking gear.

We passed a really good mud puddle and gave our obedient dog the instruction to 'leave it' and follow us, didn't look back to check, and had a nice surprise when she caught up to us.



Now, I ask you. What does any self-respecting dog do if she's all wet and muddy?

Yep, she gives herself a good shake. Too bad if a nicely-dressed human is standing close by.

So, while Human Number Two headed off to the City in her brown-spot polka-dot outfit, I took Penny for a second walk, to swim in the Yarra river at Warringal Parklands.

I made sure to put a towel in the car before I let her in.



So, swim:



And, voila, clean dog!



4 comments:

Milo and Jet said...

Hi Penny

Sounds like you had lot's of fun jumping into that mud puddle. A swim is a great way to clean off I hope that means you didn't need a bath after.

We went to Yarra Bend Park on sunday after seeing it on your blog and Isn't the most pawesome place for doggies we made so many new freinds

Molly the Airedale said...

What a fun day for you, Penny - especially the swimming and getting clean part!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

parlance said...

Angus and Milo, I'll tell your where the best mud puddle in the world is, so you can show your humans. It's on the Fairfield side, just at the corner where Yarra Bend Road goes over the freeway. If you don't go across, instead turning left along the fence, you will find it. And your humans can thank you also, and have a good laugh.

parlance said...

Mitch and Molly, I think the mud puddle might have been more fun than the swimming, lol.