Monday 4 February 2013

pigs and rescue organisations

At the Melbourne Pet Expo, the emphasis was on dogs, but there were quite a few rescue organisations who don't focus only on canines. One of the most famous around here is Edgar's Mission, so when I saw this elegant creature saying hello to people, I thought I might have met the famous Edgar himself.


But it seems Edgar died some time ago, after a peaceful life at the Mission, and this was Polly. (As I should have realised, if I had looked closely.)


Of course, Oscar's Law was represented at the Expo, also.


6 comments:

curator said...

It's lovely that there is a pig rescue. Good for them.

parlance said...

Curator, pigs are so intelligent and it seems a crime to treat them badly. The place rescues all sort of animals, as far as I know.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Polly the piggy is cute.

parlance said...

Lassie and Benjie, she was cute! I like pigs, but this was the first one I've met in a 'social' context, lol.

proud womon said...

a wonderful post parlance... Pam Ahern of Edgar's Mission and Debra Tranter of Oscar's Law are two of the most inspirational animal activists... and yes, Edgar's mission has many and varied residents - and a wonderful website with incredible rescue tales... http://www.edgarsmission.org.au/

parlance said...

proud womon, I think it might have been through your blog that I first heard of Oscar's Law. And I agree that activists like these have a lot to teach us about what it means to be truly human and understand how we fit into the scheme of things in this planet that we all share.