Wednesday, 11 February 2015

dogs and chocolate

I thought this article about the dangers of chocolate was helpful and informative.

I've blogged previously about chocolate, because I'll have to admit this substance plays a big part in the diet of our household, despite any resolutions to the contrary.

I recall I was horrified to learn that even a little bit of cocoa would harm Penny. Some of her humans - me included - wouldn't think the day was complete without two cups of strong, dark Dutch cocoa. So the jar stays high up in a cupboard when not in use, with the lid tightly screwed on.

4 comments:

Mitch and Molly said...

Our mom is REAL stingy with the chocolate at our house and keeps it hidden and out of our reach. She's a true meanie!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

parlance said...

Mitch and Molly, your mum is practising 'tough love', lol.

seasideshelties said...

oh, I remember when I ate some really nice dark chocolates and then mean old Mum took me to the vets and I got a tube stuck down my tummy to make me sick. All that chocolate wasted! Mum's extra careful about chocolate.
We even read about a dog who died from eating cocoa based garden mulch chippings.
~lickies, Ludo!

parlance said...

Ludo, that must have been awful for you, and very horrible also for your mum! I have heard about that cocoa mulch, but as far as I know, it hasn't been used in Australia yet. I'll check once again - I'm going to a gardening session run by my local nursery tomorrow morning.