Friday 26 June 2009

how to clean dog hair off a carpet

After Penny had her bath today (made inevitable by the fact that she rolled in unmentionable things on recent walks), I thought I should clean the carpet, and this is the only effective way I know that doesn't use chemicals. (The vacuum cleaner can't suck strongly enough.) I get down on my hands and knees and rub with a wet cloth. It's rather relaxing, actually.


And how does the hair get on the carpet? Well, Penny immediately demonstrated her technique.

6 comments:

i said...

And this is the very reason why there's no carpet at our place hee...

LS has resorted to buying inexpensive rugs that she can dispose off after a while. She said she wouldn't want her washing machine to clog up with all my hair.

Teddy & Tina Gurskey said...

I use a wet rag too...it's amazing what the vacuum doesn't pick up...!!

parlance said...

Happy, we tend to think Penny's not shedding hair, because we don't see it - until we start to look closely. Now that you mention it, I think my next job would be to try to figure out where the filter is in the washing machine...

parlance said...

Tina, it's amazing, as you say. And I've become so "environmental" that I put the hair into the compost bin, lol.

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom did this technique in dad's pick-up truck a couple of days ago! Mom said it was starting to get hairy and stinky! Does she mean this is our fault?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

parlance said...

Maggie and Mitch, I guess you mean on the seats. I hadn't thought of doing that in the car. I'll have to check out the car seats and see whether they need it.