Sunday 21 July 2013

dogs not allowed in the river

We're disappointed to see a new fence around our favourite swimming spot at Yarra Bend Park, the place that is generally wonderfully dog friendly.


Penny headed straight for her usual swim as soon as we took her off lead when we had walked under the freeway, and what did she see? This:


Not a sign saying 'dogs on lead' - but a brutal 'NO DOGS'.

How sad for us. It's a safe place to enter the water and there are rocks for tired humans to sit on while dogs have fun.

I have faith in those who run the park, so I assume there is some need to protect this part of the environment. Perhaps water birds will nest there.

Time will tell.

8 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What a bummer for you and your mom, Penny! We hope the gates will be opened again in due time!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Thats a shame the park has the no dogs sign.

parlance said...

Mitch and Molly, it didn't occur to me that perhaps it is a temporary measure. I'll hope for the best.

parlance said...

Lassie and Benjie, it is a shame, but perhaps there is some good reason.

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

What a shame they didn't give. Reason. I hope you find a nice new place to have a paddle.
~Lickies, Ludo

parlance said...

Ludo, I did try to get some information from the internet, but didn't come up with anything. I think I'll call into the Park Office next week and see what I can discover.

Johann The Dog said...

Hope it's only temporary!!!

parlance said...

Johann, I think it's there to stay, but I guess the local creatures deserve a small area safe from dogs.