Friday 12 October 2007

doggy dancing aka canine freestyle

I'm looking forward to seeing Amber-Mae's video of her recent OB routine when she posts it at the weekend. (Amber-Mae, I'm such a beginner I'm not even sure what OB means!) It was fascinating to see her doggy dancing video posted on Monday October 8. Penny and I will have to study it for some tips. Amber-Mae says she was only so-so but to me and Penny she looks fabulous.
I came across an article that I think its hilarious by Emily Yoffe on Slate about her one and only experience with doggy dancing. She lasted one month at class but that was it. I laughed out loud when I read her adventures with her beagle, Sasha. I've got a feeling that Penny and I are more like Sasha than Amber-Mae but we're going to keep practising.

I came across Emily Yoffe's story at Curator's blog at The Pet Museum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, my mum enjoyed that article of sasha's on Doggy dancing. As for me, my Mum is sooo unco that she makes ME look clumsy. Anyway, I don't know what's wrong with eating and sleeping as our main occupation!! I mean I have no doubt that Princess Penny could look elegant and cute but Me and my Mum well....
Jabai

Amber-Mae said...

Hey Parlence & Penny,

Mt mommy thinks that my performance was so so only but for me, it was just fine. I can't tell the difference between so so & great! Harharhar! Yeah, will be videoing me doing OB but mommy will have to use a tennis ball if she wants me to do it very nicely. Without a ball, I get very bored easily & loose interests becoz OB is not really my thang, you know what I'm saying? Hehehe... Actually the main thing that you wanna know is the Distance Control & Drop on Recall right? Is there anything else that you specifically wanna know how to do?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

parlance said...

Amber-Mae, we'd love to look at any part of it you video, because we have so much to learn. But the drop on recall would be a great place to start.

parlance said...

Jabari, Maybe Penny could look elegant and cute doing doggy dancing, but you KNOW I couldn't!

Even as a teenager I was hopeless dancer, so it's quite ironic that at my age I'm even thinking of dancing. But I figure if we can learn to do it people will only look at Penny.