Wednesday 28 November 2007

dogs in Germany

Penny's not likely to go to Berlin, but if I go there I could buy her some interesting presents, according to Canine Shopping in Berlin. I must say, I find it interesting to do a little vicarious world travel and discover how dogs live in other parts of the world. That's why I enjoy reading other dog blogs.

I thought these gumboots for dogs looked rather interesting, also. My German is a bit rusty, but I think it says they are for keeping dogs' feet dry and safe from the salt that is put down on icy footpaths. They are made from soft PVC - I think...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's my barkday today and my Mum forgot to buy me a present though she did take me for a looong walk and the other walkers all wished me a "Happy Barkday" but I was too busy sniffing about with the other dogs to care. Maybe my Mum will go to Germany and buy me a super dooper gift.
Jabari

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I have been worrying about the very hot ground lately, especially the black footpaths and roads. Maybe doggie shoes are the answer. But I suppose we should not be taking our dogs out in all that heat. I have been taking my Penny out either at dawn or late at night lately. I am not looking forward to the summer if this spring weather is any indication.

parlance said...

Jabari, you are a big girl now. Happy barkday!!! I expect we will be seeing some incredibly mature behaviour from you now...
That's not to say you haven't been a wonderfully mature girl when you were two, of course, but three is really, really grown-up.

parlance said...

I don't think those doggy shoes are intended for hot footpaths - they are for cold weather, I think. I agree about the hot ground, though. I took our Penny out today and she got quite hot, even though it didn't feel too bad to me. I should have leaned down and checked that the ground wasn't too hot. I think sometimes there is more of a breeze up at my height than there is down low where she is.

parlance said...

Jabari, sorry about getting your age wrong! It's just that having seen you act in such a mature manner (usually) I forgot momentarily that you are only a young thing...