Sunday 25 November 2007

dogs playing soccer

Penny has learned to 'push' a ball into a small soccer goal and has fun pushing a giant tennis ball around the kitchen. I was quite pleased with her progress until we met a dog in the park tonight - I think she is a Jack Russell. Her name is Zoe.

She is such a good soccer player! And, unlike Penny, she doesn't need constant encouragement to keep pushing the ball. She runs around the park shepherding the ball with her head. And she can 'head' the ball beautifully. Here are two short videos of her at work.





We will have to practise to get up to her standard. I'm thinking that she might have a genetic advantage, if she is indeed a Jack Russell, as they seem to be perpetual motion machines.

6 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

I used to play soccer with my mommy but now I don't. I only play tennis soccer. Hehehe...I like it when she kicks my tennis ball.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Anonymous said...

Penny I'm sure you are smart enough to play soccer.

parlance said...

Hi, Magda!
It's great to talk to you online. Yes, I think if I work with her, Penny can learn this trick. I'll have to wait till it's not so hot, though. We went to dog training today and all the dogs didn't feel like doing much.

parlance said...

Amber-Mae, do you play tennis-soccer with a normal-sized tennis ball, or one of those giant ones?

We went outside and played with one of the giant balls yesterday, after I saw this clever little dog. I'm sure Penny loved it, because her tail was wagging like mad.

Amber-Mae said...

Yes, my normal tennis ball. I also like to play Umbrella Hockey. Hehehe, must show you guys how I play that game. I'm very focused on the ball & will crouch forward & backwards. My pupils are big too...hehehe!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

parlance said...

Umbrella Hockey???? Hmmmmm...Sounds interesting...