Wednesday 28 October 2009

dock-diving for dogs comes to australia!

At last, dock diving arrives in Australia!

Penny loves bellywhacking into the water - a couple of times previously I've posted a photo of her doing this - and she learned it on an outing to Kepala Canine Country Club, some years ago. She copied bigtoe7's dog, who was leaping into the pool with joy.

And now I've spotted a recent video upload by bigtoe7 showing her dogs taking part in an official Dockdogs event.

But, alas, it was in New South Wales - nearly a thousand kilometres away. And it seems to have been a one-off event, from what I can see.

Now I'm going to hope it comes to Melbourne!

I notice I'm not the only one who'd like to see it here - there's a discussion and a couple of pictures at Dogzonline.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, it's really popular here in NZ! I think they call it "Splash Dogs" here...can't believe that it's only just got to Oz!

Hsin-Yi

parlance said...

Hsin-Yi, maybe it's been here already, but if so I didn't know about it.