Monday 26 October 2009

making a game out of meal times for a dog

Having been reminded by Johann about how important it is to keep a dog's life interesting, I thought we'd make a game of mealtime yesterday morning, so I kept back some of her meal (minced turkey, Omega3 oil and Glyde) and hid small portions in the house and then in the garden.

The last time was the hardest. I'm fairly sure she was hunting by tracking my trail, but probably she was also scenting the food itself. (I don't know how I accidentally duplicated the first part of the video. Sorry about that!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny - I'd been thinking of posting about this topic too! We often organise "scavenger hunts" for Honey...she lOVES them!

Ohhhh - I can't watch the video! When I click on it, it says that it is "private"...!

Hsin-Yi

parlance said...

Thanks, Hsin-Yi! I'll go and change that "private" notice. I don't know why it always comes up that way nowadays. Maybe I changed some of my preferences in Youtube, but I can't figure out what I did, if so.